If your gonna wear makeup, make sure it stays put! Waterproof, Sweat proof, Water resistant, are all ways to make sure your makeup doesn't budge!
Here are some tips, that we use to waterproof our makeup!
1. Use a primer that is compatible with your foundation. A lot of brands recommend their primers with their foundations because they formulated them to work together. Silicone based primers go with silicone based foundations, and water based primers go with water based foundations. Check your ingredient list to make sure they are of the same family or that they are recommended to work well together.
Primer Suggestions; MILK makeup Hydro Grip Primer, COVER FX Gripping Primer, BECCA Velvet Primer
2. Use a waterproof, sweat proof, water resistant foundation! And if you don't have one use a long wearing matte foundation, it is easier to make it waterproof, since it already has the long wearing and matte properties.
Foundation Suggestions; Lancome Teint Idole, MAC PRO Long wear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation, Becca Ultimate Coverage Foundation
3. Make sure to set your foundation and concealer for long wear! PRO tip; Use a beauty sponge and setting powder, to set the makeup in place, this technique really gets the product into the skin and really sets into place.
4. For lash application, use silk, faux mink or synthetic lashes, instead of mink and use waterproof lash adhesive. The lash adhesive is self explanatory lol, its waterproof!
The silk, faux mink or synthetic lashes are best to use, if you will be getting wet because they keep shape because they aren't real fibres they are manmade. Mink and human hair lashes are actual real hair so they will loose shape when they get wet, just like your hair! The others mentioned won't!
Lash Adhesive Suggestions; Lady Lashes Stuck On You Lash Adhesive, Click here to purchase.
4. Make sure to set your foundation with a setting spray that is long wearing and or waterproof! This is the final step, and it seals all your layers of prep together!.
Setting Spray Suggestions; COVER FX High Performance Setting Spray, Skindinavia Finishing Spray (all are great, the longest lasting is the Bridal one), PPI Blue Marble SELR Sealer Spray, Kryolan Fixing Spray
5. For Lips, I know we tend to keep it light in the summer, for long lasting and or waterproof lips use matte transferproof lipstick. Liquid lipsticks are all the rave and for good reason, they last all day. You can even get away with not touching up all day long!
Liquid Lipstick Suggestions; Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick, Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.
What are some productions or tips you use, what are some of your suggestions?
Share them below!
We hope you found this helpful finding new techniques that will help your makeup last forever!